Skip to main content

Specific Community Resources

Contacts for multiple community resources (Financial, Mental Health, Food, Shelter, etc.)
211 – Dial 211 or enter 211 in the web

Fremont Resource Center (FRC)  510-574-2000 main line

List of current contacts numbers for FRC

Unemployment Benefits

The EDD (Employment Development Department) - unemployment benefits are now available for people who cannot work OR must work reduced hours due to workplace reductions, school closure, and more.

Where do I apply for Medi-Cal, food stamps, or cash aid?


To apply for Medi-Cal, food stamps, or cash aid, contact Alameda County Social Services at (510) 795-2428 or online at My-Benefits-Calwin   


What if I can’t pay my rent? 

Contact the Housing Division by email or by calling 510-494-4500.

On March 27, 2020, the Fremont City Council ratified a temporary emergency ordinance implementing an eviction moratorium on residential evictions. This new ordinance imposes regulations related to evictions from all residential rental units where the failure to pay rent is due to income loss resulting from the declared Coronavirus (COVID-19) public health crisis.

Tenants: If you are unable to pay rent due to the COVID-19 crisis, please contact your property manager or landlord immediately, in writing, about your inability to pay. Check this website regularly for more information and resources. For a list of additional housing resources, please visit the following webpage: Rental Assistance and Housing Resources for Fremont Renters.

Key Features

  • The ordinance applies to all renters, including mobile home owners and mobile home renters
  • Landlords are prohibited from evicting their affected tenants for nonpayment of rent when the tenant demonstrates that the failure to pay rent is due to financial hardship caused by the COVID-19 crisis.
  • Tenants seeking protection from eviction are required to notify their landlord the reasons why they are unable to pay rent and to demonstrate a connection to COVID-19.
  • Tenants should provide notice with supporting documentation(s) to their landlords on or before the day rent is due of their potential inability to pay the rent because of COVID-19, but not later than five calendar days after the tenant is properly served with a Notice of Termination.
  • The ordinance does not apply to tenants who are already delinquent or in default (default is a documented process) prior to the Shelter in Place Order issued by the Alameda County Health Officer.
  • The ordinance does not allow for a rent waiver or rent forgiveness.
  • The ordinance will remain in effect for six months following the end of the declared emergency, but with the eviction moratorium ending 30 days after the expiration of declared emergency.
  • Tenant Liability for Rent
  • Under the ordinance, a tenant seeking protection shall pay the portion of the rent that they are able to pay when they are able to pay it.
  • Nothing in the ordinance shall relieve a tenant of liability for the unpaid rent, which the landlord may seek after expiration of the local emergency.
  • The tenant must be able to provide documentation to support their claim that they are unable to pay rent due to the COVID-19 crisis. Documentation includes, but is not limited to, the following:
    • a letter from an employer citing the COVID-19 crisis as a reason for reduced work hours or termination,
    • paycheck stubs from before/after the COVID-19 outbreak,
    • bank statements showing financial hardship before/after COVID-19 outbreak, and/or
    • medical bills not covered by insurance with COVID-19 diagnosis

Payment of Past Due Rent

  • The tenant is still liable for any unpaid rent. While the moratorium is in place, it is important that tenants continue to pay rent to ensure housing stability for the community.
  • A landlord shall not impose late fees or serve a 5-day notice for nonpayment of rent to an affected tenant provided the following: within ninety (90) days after the expiration of the declared local emergency, tenant has repaid fifty percent (50%) of any overdue rent and expenses; and within one hundred-eighty (180) days after the expiration of the declared local emergency, tenant has repaid all outstanding overdue rent and expenses accrued during the emergency.
  • A landlord may not charge or collect a late fee for rent that is delayed for the reasons stated in the ordinance. In addition, a landlord may not seek rent that is delayed for the reasons stated in the ordinance through the eviction process.

Legal Aid at Work.  Information about undocumented workers rights

Restaurant Opportunities Centers United – Restaurant Workers Relief Fund. For restaurant workers in need of financial assistance.


One Fair Wage Emergency Fund. Cash assistance for restaurant workers, car service drivers, delivery workers, personal service workers and more who need the money.

USBG National Charity Foundation – Bartender Emergency Assistance Program. For bartenders, or the spouse or child of a bartender who have experienced an emergency hardship.

Another Round, Another Rally Emergency Assistance. For workers in the hospitality industry, dishwasher, bartender, server, busser, chef, cook, sommelier, manager, host, concierge, cleaning staff, or bar back may apply for funds.

Restaurant Workers’ Community Foundation. For emergency assistance for those employed by restaurants or bars or are employed by a restaurant or bar supplier.


Assistance in food, rent , medical, long term counseling 

Who can I contact for assistance if our family needs food? (call ahead for potential registration/verification needs/continued services at food banks)


 Tri City food bank  510-793-4583

Grab and Go food pick-up Mon-Thurs from 9:30-3:30 37350 Joseph Street

Food Pantries - Fremont – List of multiple locations

Fremont Resource Center, (via Tri City Food Bank) 510-793-4583

39155 Liberty Street  * Bring your own bags * Every 1st and 3rd Wednesday        * 10:30 am - 11:30 am * Millennium Room (A120)  – List of multiple locations (scroll down)

Alameda County Food Bank – will provide resources by calling 510-635-3663

Links: English assistance, Spanish Assistance

FUSD Grab and Go lunches (children 18 and younger must be present)

FUSS FREE lunches for children – lists local restaurants, and times for grab and go         * Note Joe’s Corner has lunches available over the weekend

Palo Alto Medical Foundation / Sutter Health Care 


Who can I contact for assistance if our family needs money for rent, medicine?


City of Fremont – Help with Housing

Alameda County Rapid Response Resources (3/22/2020)

Alameda County Social Services

Unemployment Insurance and COVID-19

Peer Lending Circles (Small Loans that Build Credit)  510-574-2026

Mission Asset Fund

Fremont General-Public-Resources


Who can I contact if our family needs medical assistance?

 Free Health Clinics – List of local clinics

Fremont Urgent Care Clinics – 510-796-1000

Tri City Health Center – 510-770-8040

Full-spectrum Medical, Dental, Behavioral Health, and Vision care to children and adults * Free or low cost * Available in many languages,

Washington Hospital Urgent Care – 510-791-2273

Palo Alto Medical Foundation / Sutter Health Care 510-498-2940

Mobile Crisis Unit: 1-844-627-4747


Who can I contact for assistance if our family needs counseling?


Available to help people who may be experiencing distress or heightened   anxiety right now:

ACCESS - 24/7 Call: (800) 491-9099          

Crisis Support Services of Alameda County

Text Line – text "safe" to 20121 between 4:00pm - 11:00pm * 7 days a week

·         Call – 1-800-309-2131

National Suicide Prevention –

·         Call – 1-800-273-TALK(8255) or 1-800-SUICIDE (24-hour)

Anxious about the Corona Virus:

Text “HOME” to 741741   

National Domestic Violence Hotline


COVID-19 Information and Resources (National Alliance on Mental Illness)

Our Voice Crisis Line (24 hour support for sexual assault victims)

·         Text Line - text “NEED HELP” to 85511

·         Call – 828-255-7576

For Long Term Counseling Services - Through your private insurance provider - contact your pediatrician or child behavioral health department.


Long Term Counseling Under Medical Insurance


Tri-City Behavioral Health

Multilingual Counseling Center

Family Paths